1. The 3 year old down the street: You make me smile because you are like a best friend to me. Whenever I am feeling down you can put a smile on my face. You light up the room with your energy and spunk. You say the darndest things and are just too precious for words!
2. My assistant manager: You can read me better than most people and I have only known you for a couple of months. You know when I am feeling down and can lift me up again. You crack jokes and make fun of me in a way that brings a smile to my face:)
3. My closest friend: We relate. You get me. I get you. This makes life so much easier to get through from day to day. You listen. You care. You love. You respect. You cherish the good moments. You help me get past the bad. You help me out. You make me smile!
4. My coworker: I was intimidated by you at first but now I would definitely consider you a friend. You also know how to make me laugh and truly enjoy work. I appreciate you and all you have done for me!
5. The guy I was texting yesterday: You are such a special individual in my life. We have been friends all throughout high school and you have really proven our friendship time and time again. You know how to make me feel loved and appreciated. We have a special friendship that I would hope is never lost<3
6. The cute guys who came to my window at work: Damn, you were very attractive boys! You sure made me and my coworker smile! I would not mind if you were to come back when I looked a little less like crap, yea thanks!
7. My grandparents: You both cherish life so much and share your love so generously. I love you guys and just wish I could see you more frequently. Your compassion is out of this world!
8. The 8-month old down the street: Seriously you are the cutest baby in the entire world! You know how to make anyone smile and laugh because of your adoration and cute little smiles and gestures. I appreciate you!
9. My current dance teachers: You are such inspirations to me as both a dancer and an individual in society. You are so supportive and just purely awesome in so many ways! I have loved getting to know you both over the past year and I have finally connected with you guys on a more personal level. You helped me grow as a dancer even when I wasn’t able to dance and this growth continues now that I can. Thank you!!
10. My physical therapist: You are the BEST physical therapist in Rochester…no doubt about it! You have helped me reach a level of improvement this past summer that I never thought was possible a few months back. You help me recover as well as share insight on your life and experiences during each session. You are much more than just a physical therapist to me; you are a role model and a friend. You can make me laugh and you sure do make me smile:)
11. The guy off in another country: I have loved seeing your updates and pictures posted. You are smiling and that makes me happy to see you happy. You are such a keen listener and a great advice giver. Your last post really spoke to me. Even though it wasn’t written directly for me, it surely felt like it was. I can’t wait to catch up when you get home!!
12. My new found friend: We may not have been friends for long, but you are a wonderful friend and I can not wait to party it up next weekend:) You’re the best!
Although all of these descriptions of the people and the situations are beyond vague they mean something to me. It is important to dwell on the little things in life that can make you happy and realize that eventually they become the big things. These are the people I will remember down the road because they put in an effort to make me smile, so thank you to all of you! :)